Northern Territory 2017-18 Budget
News ID: 19787
The 2017-18 Northern Territory Budget was handed down by Treasurer Nicole Manison on 2 May 2017.
See our summary of the new and update grant programs below:
• An additional $20 million, to a total of $30 million overall, for Immediate Work Grants to provide funding for incorporated not for profit and community organisations to carry out repairs, maintenance and improvements to their facilities.
• $5 million in business Security Systems Assistance Grants.
• $1 million in additional Business Support Initiative grants each year.
• $16.3 million to expand the Home Improvement Scheme.
• $11.5 million for grants to sports and recreation organisations to deliver peak body funding, active remote communities, active recreation organisations, grass roots development, and facility and equipment grants.
The Budget papers can be found here: